“The Empowerment Project” is coming to our community on Friday March 13th, 2015. The movie follows 5 female filmmakers as they travel across the country to showcase women and their passions.
Their journey shares with us role models of ordinary women doing extraordinary things and a message of empowerment to realize what is possible when you are not afraid to fail.
After the movie, there will be a panel discussion with some amazing women from our own community. The panelists include:
- Sarah Fisher-racecar driver and owner
- Jennie DeVoe-singer/songwriter
- Christina Hale-state representative
- Rafia Zakaria-columnist and director of Amnesty International, USA
- Priya Krishnan-COO at Lilly
- Nicole Misencik-meteorologist on WTHR
- Tekisha Collins-entrepreneur and founder of Skoogy Cookie Company
- Lydia Burris-artist and teacher
- Marquice Gee-senior class president at North Central
- Kim Piper-director of elementary education for Washington Township
- Wanda Spann-Roddy-school board member
Along with special guests Sarah Moshman and Dana Cook who are the director and producer of the documentary.
Although the movie is focused on girls and women, it is important for our boys and men to be a part of the conversation too! The entire community is welcome to attend this extraordinary experience on Friday, March 13th at the Northview Middle School Auditorium.