Meeting with Keep Indianapolis Beautiful Special Projects Coordinator, Mark Adler, and a designer to gather public input.
The purpose is to involve local citizens in the design of a proposed beautification project at the interchange, and discuss short and long-term ideas for improving connectivity, aesthetics, safety, walkability in that specific area. See Nora’s 86th St / Keystone Bridge Gateway Beautification Project for more information.
We’d love to have you there!
St. Luke’s Methodist Church, 100 W. 86th St., Room C110
- Introduction of project
- How did we get here, why are we here
- Why is KIB at the table?
- Examine existing 86th and Keystone location and what residents would like to see/not see in this space
- Concerns: current line of sight (for vehicles), safety (potential homeless), native versus invasive plant material (currently very heavy on honeysuckle and pear trees which both have their challenges)
- Opportunities: current bridge construction, Nora gateway, signage opportunity, public art opportunity
- Open discussion with KIB and landscape architect from CEC who has done gateway type planting in the past
- Next steps